Using ZOOM and YouTube
YouTube information below ...
CHRISTMAS UPDATE - SEE BELOW
TO DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS TO PRINT OFF AT HOME - CLICK HERE
ZOOM Services - important and useful information
It's absolutely wonderful that we're able to gather together as Churches to worship God 'virtually'. I think everyone has found this a truly uniting experience and we had well over 60 people on Sunday. Well done to all of us who are mastering this new technology!
After two weeks of testing our services using ZOOM Cloud Meetings App and receiving very helpful feedback, here are some Do's and Don't's and other information:
1. DO 'arrive' 15 minutes before the service start time and say hello to some people if you wish. ZOOM will pick up ALL sounds remember! Check you have the 'Chat' enabled (see below) and you know how to 'mute' and 'unmute' yourself (see below). Have a look at the other icons to familiarise yourself with them.
2. When the start time arrives DO stop chatting and 'mute' yourself. To 'mute' yourself click on the little microphone or speaker icon at the bottom of the screen. You are muted if there's a line through it.
3. At the start time Justine will introduce the service and then we'll have a period of SILENCE or MUSIC as we all prepare to worship God (just as we do in Church).
4. DO remain muted THROUGHOUT the whole service. The ONLY time to unmute yourself is a) when we share The Peace or b) you are reading or leading the intercessions. (This will save Justine from having to think about the muting and make it a better experience for us all.) Afterwards REMEMBER to mute yourself again.
5. DON'T be tempted to unmute yourself for the hymns or for saying any joint responses - ZOOM picks up ALL sounds with a delay, which is confusing for all of us. If you can't sing along to the hymns just allow the words and music to touch you.
6. DO look for the 'Chat' icon at the bottom of the screen (or on mobile devices tap / swipe the screen, click on 'Participants' and then 'Chat'). Click on this and you will see a box for typing in any requests for prayer. Just as in the Facebook Group, type in something and press return/enter. Time for prayer requests will be given during the Intercessions.
7. MUSIC and HYMNS: following a request for music and hymns we introduced these on Sunday. Church of England worship MUST comply with the CCLI licencing regulations separately for words and music when 'streaming'. We are now licensed for the words of numerous hymns, but only for certain music, which limits what can be used (the cost for each music track otherwise is extortionate!). Please bear with this during the coming weeks.
Sunday Services on YouTube
We have created an All Saints and St Barnabas YouTube Channel. if you are unable to join the Zoom service on a
Sunday, you can watch the service live or at a later date on YouTube.
To see the recording for this week, you can do one of these:
• View this link: here
• on a Windows or Mac computer, open a browser and go to www.youtube.com then search for All Saints Kenley, or St Barnabas Purley
• on a Tablet, Smart Phone or Smart TV, open the YouTube app then search for All Saints Kenley, or St Barnabas Purley. You may need to download the YouTube app from the Play Store or AppStore.
If you have a Google account, you can SUBSCRIBE to the Channel by clicking the red button on the screen. You will then receive a notification every time a new video is added. There is no charge for subscribing.
We may ask you to identify yourself if your name doesn't show and you are hidden.
Please don't be offended, we need this to protect members of our meetings who may be sharing sensitive information.
Your details can be shared privately with the host via the chat function.
We may have to remove you if we can't identify you.
Only those who take part in the services will appear on screen, apart from when The Peace is shared when a selection of people, including their username, will be seen in gallery view - this could include you! If you do not wish to be seen on the YouTube broadcast, please temporarily turn off your video. If you do not wish your name to appear, please change your username when logging onto the Zoom meeting to something else.