Our Safeguarding officers can be reached directly by email:
Keeping our community safe
The diocese is aware that this period can be a difficult one for some households and the Metropolitan Police have asked us to share these numbers which we are pleased to do.
We should all continue in our care for others at this time.
• The 24/7 National Domestic Abuse helpline, which offers support to victims and people affected by domestic abuse, is free to call on 0808 2000 247.
• The Respect Phoneline provides confidential advice and support to help perpetrators stop being violent and abusive, and is free to call 0808 8024040
• Men’s Advice Line: 0808 801 0327 a confidential helpline for male victims of domestic violence and those supporting them www.mensadviceline.org.uk
• Karma Nirvana: 0800 5999 247 Mon to Fri 9am–5pm supporting victims of honour based abuse and forced marriage www.karmanirvana.org.uk
• Hour Glass: 0808 808 8141 challenging the abuse of older people in all its forms www.wearehourglass.org
• Galop LGBT+ Domestic Abuse Helpline: 0800 999 5428 www.galop.org.uk
• Childline: 0800 1111 If you’re a child or young person and domestic abuse is happening in your home or relationship.
For more information about support services see here
The National Safeguarding Teams Guidance on Domestic Abuse is here